mandag 4. mars 2013

is it worth it?

This weekend has been very relaxing, spending my time at a friend's house in the mountains going cross-country skiing and reading a lot. Still I've had this unsettling feeling in my stomach and the closer I get to Monday, the stronger this feeling becomes.

It is work. I have a huge load of work waiting for me this week, consisting of tasks I'm not even sure how to solve.

So, I do my morning ritual. But today is not a good day. Still,  it makes it all clearer what is important to me, that it is maybe not worth it. Not unless I change my attitude towards it all.

I feel this is the oh-so very common problem in today's society.

What can I do? I can remind myself what is important to me. I can also try to stay present, and this one I think is important. If I am able to stay present I can spend my time off work relaxing and focusing on other things, while I spend my time at the office beeing efficient and doing my best. It sounds so easy, but as my weekend shows, it is not.

When it comes to personal growth, I feel there are always more ways to grow. This stress is one important aspect I need to make some changes around. Still I feel lucky. I'm young and I think being so aware of things at my age, will be a huge advantage for the rest of my life. I am in the beginning of my career [and life] and I am still in the middle of developing the path I want to take.

M.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar